My name’s Emma (she/her), I’m happy you’re here. I love reading, if that wasn’t already obvious. Books are my happy place, you can always find me stuck between the pages of a good story. This is my blog where I post bookish related content and sometimes life updates. Feel free to have a browse at your own leisure, I hope you’ll stick around!
- BOOK REVIEW: The Post Office Girls by Poppy Cooper [blog tour]SPOILER FREE REVIEW RATING: 4/5 ☆AUTHOR: Poppy CooperSYNOPSIS: “1915. On Beth Healey’s eighteenth birthday, she hopes that she will be able to forget the ghastly war and celebrate. But that evening, her twin brother Ned announces that he has signed upContinue reading “BOOK REVIEW: The Post Office Girls by Poppy Cooper [blog tour]”
- BOOK REVIEW: The Light of Days by Judy BatalionRATING: 4/5 ☆AUTHOR: Judy BatalionSYNOPSIS: “One of the most important untold stories of World War II, The Light of Days is a soaring landmark history that brings to light the extraordinary accomplishments of brave Jewish women who inspired Poland’s Jewish youth groups toContinue reading “BOOK REVIEW: The Light of Days by Judy Batalion”
- BOOK REVIEW: Remote Sympathy by Catherine ChidgeySPOILER FREE REVIEW RATING: 5/5 ☆AUTHOR: Catherine ChidgeySYNOPSIS: “Moving away from Munich isn’t nearly as wrenching an experience for Frau Greta Hahn as she had feared. Their new home is even lovelier than the one they left behind, and best ofContinue reading “BOOK REVIEW: Remote Sympathy by Catherine Chidgey”
- BOOK REVIEW: A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. MaasRATING: 5/5 ☆AUTHOR: Sarah J. MaasSYNOPSIS: “Nesta Archeron has always been prickly-proud, swift to anger, and slow to forgive. And ever since being forced into the Cauldron and becoming High Fae against her will, she’s struggled to find a place forContinue reading “BOOK REVIEW: A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas”
- LIFE UPDATE: Dissertations, Deadlines and DreadHello friends! I wanted to write another rambly sort of post, mainly to update you all on where I’ve been and what I’m doing. If you’ve been following me on Bookstagram (shameless self plug, my username is pagesofachilles!) then you knowContinue reading “LIFE UPDATE: Dissertations, Deadlines and Dread”